Cloud Infrastructure, Linux, Compute Engineer – New York – ECC46057
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Would you like to help engineer specialized computing platforms for electronic trading applications at ECC? Do you enjoy working with cloud technology? Join our team to work on cutting-edge and cloud technology.
THE TECHNOLOGY DIVISION
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The Technology Infrastructure business unit is at the leading edge of providing computing, network, storage and infrastructure services technology, enabling innovation internally as we influence financial industry standards and wider tech industry products. Our commercial approach sets the direction for our software defined infrastructure platforms and solutions driving business for ECC.
Our focus is on developing an integrated approach for the firmwide infrastructure. This includes capability build-out, provisioning, lifecycle management and adoption of an integrated experience across all compute platforms including our private cloud within ECC, as well as enabling innovative commercial opportunities through public cloud access and Cloud Platforms client APIs.
In this role, you will engineer and maintain scale-out of specialized computing platforms for all applications at ECC including electronic trading apps leveraging and enhancing the standard firm platforms to provide integrated solutions to enable the business at scale.
HOW WILL YOU FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL?
The work you will do in this role directly impacts the success of our business and will enable us to continue to scale our business. You will work on projects to build out and support the firm’s applications, including those used for electronic trading.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Low Latency Infrastructure Engineering & Integration (Compute/OS/Networks/high speed interconnects/co-los/PTP/MD etc.)
• Cloud products engineering, management and Integration
• Innovate and experiment with new hardware & OS configurations in LAB w/business partners
• Tuning and performance optimizing high touch production environments on a continuous basis
• Performance and capacity management of infrastructure platforms using off-self products and/or building internal tools
• Authoring recipes for automation and model driven deployments using configuration management tools
• Client Onboarding, product adoption and provide technical guidance on established infrastructure best practices to application development/business teams
• Strategically engage with application development, business and other engineering teams to provide end-to-end delivery of appropriate platform solutions
• Engage in tools development to streamline and automate existing tasks, reduce team workload, and improve support to internal clients.
• Level 3 Escalation & differentiated ops
• At least 3 years of experience in technology or similar field
• UNIX platform technologies, support and process lifecycles in enterprise systems;
• UNIX administration and troubleshooting skills on Linux and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• Detailed understanding of Linux kernels, virtual memory, process lifecycles, DNS, DHCP, NIS, LDAP, autofs, NFS, AFS, TCP/IP, PXE, NTP, PTP, jumpstart, and kickstart;
• Kernel bypass technologies like open onload and VMA
• Network topologies, including routing, switching, multicast, wide/metro area networking
• High performance Network cards like Mellanox, Solarflare and FPGA adapters such as Celoxica
• Exchange co-location, High-performance, highly-available and low latency computing environments
• Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Perl, Shell programming, Python, java and Cxx
• Self-starter, strong analytical and communication skill
• Ability to build and communicate monitoring and measurement methodologies for compute and network statistics
• Ability to translate technical information to the business for decision-making
• Strong academic background in Computer Science or an analytical field such as Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, etc.
• Liaise with engineering teams to understand current and future technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business requirements
• Knowledge of financial markets, particularly fixed income, currencies, and commodities
• System management platforms such as SolarWinds, HPOV, or similar
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Comfortable working with business users
• Works well independently and in ad-hoc teams
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
• Commercially focused
Excellence Corporate Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. © The Excellence Corporate Consulting, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved.
|Job Location||New York|