Job Summary & Responsibilities
CASS Compliance Testing Officer, Analyst / Associate, NY
The ECC is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals.
Looking for an individual that exudes energy, curiosity, and enthusiasm to join the Compliance Testing Group to conduct reviews of employees’ compliance with policies and regulations and the firm’s compliance control infrastructure. The Group is comprised of individuals with varying backgrounds and experience (former auditors, accountants, regulators, prosecutors, compliance professionals, lawyers and traders) and works with stakeholders in Compliance and business management to obtain consensus and implement corrective actions. The Group leverages its experience in financial products, markets and regulations to conduct reviews across the Securities Division, Investment Banking, Global Investment Research, Merchant Banking, Operations, and Technology.
The principal objective of the Compliance Testing Group is to create and execute detailed testing to assess compliance with regulations and firm policies. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to work within an international team located in New York, Salt Lake City, London, Tokyo, Singapore, and Hong Kong. The individual will work closely with Compliance and business management, and gain an excellent understanding of both the firm’s businesses and the rules and regulations under which the firm operates.
• Primarily focused on Client Asset and FCA CASS testing
• Propose methods of testing and execute plans discussed and agreed with a team leader
• Gather data, perform analyses and document results
• Identify potential compliance and reputational risks, and effectively escalate to appropriate individuals
• • Multi-task – have the ability to work on several different reviews with different individuals at the same time
• Leverage strong communication skills to interact with Compliance and business senior management
• Team with colleagues around the globe to share findings and refine processes
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Knowledge of financial products, markets and regulatory policies
• Knowledge and experience of client asset processes and of FCA CASS rules
• Excellent interview, presentation and written communication skills
• Excellent time management, analytical and communication skills
• Integrity, motivation, intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is a must and knowledge of Access and PowerPoint is useful
• Auditing, testing, accounting, regulatory/law enforcement or trading experience
• Audit, Operational, or Compliance experience of Client Assets
• ACA qualified
• Experience in the financial services industry, either working for another broker dealer, law firm, Big 4 firm or regulator
• Financial instruments product knowledge (a Financial Engineering qualification, CFA, PRMIA or FRM qualifications would be useful)
• Understanding of information technology systems and standard system implementation methodologies
• Fluency in English language, both orally and in writing
• Fluency in French, Spanish, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, or Mandarin Chinese an advantage
• Understanding of accounting
Excellence Corporate Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. © The Excellence Corporate Consulting, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved.
|Job Location||New York|