Job Summary & Responsibilities
Are you passionate about consumer lending and consumer banking? We’re looking for a compliance Associate/Vice President with prior banking, regulatory or law firm experience advising on marketing matters to broaden our consumer lending/deposits compliance team. You would work closely with brand, acquisitions, product, delivery, and technology personnel, and gain an understanding of both the Bank’s consumer lending/deposits business and the rules and regulations under which the Bank operates.
Our consumer lending/deposits compliance team partners with all functional areas of the consumer lending/deposits business to advise on business strategy, develop compliant processes within the business, implement compliance processes, systems, and digital tools for identifying, measuring, and mitigating risk and report on the status of such risk. From day one you will be involved in building a new business within the Firm.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Advise senior brand and acquisitions leadership in connection with campaign development.
• Review and make recommendations regarding compliance with consumer financial protection laws during all phases of marketing and communications development across channels, including, but not limited to, direct mail, display, videos, email, podcast, sponsored content, paid search, aggregators and social media.
• Partner with technology teams to develop infrastructure for approval and archival of marketing communications.
• Refine, update and maintain procedures for development, approval and archival of content.
• Partner across the organization to drive the implementation of new process/strategic opportunities in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations and Bank lending/deposits policies and procedures.
• Assist the relationship with regulatory agencies, examiners, internal auditors and other company team members and assists with action plans created as a result of examinations, audits or internal testing.
• Four plus years of compliance, legal, marketing, operations, or servicing experience with a focus on consumer financial services
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent military experience
• Strong understanding of consumer or retail focused businesses
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Must be self-directed, organized, positive, driven, detail oriented, able to manage others, and effective in a fast-paced changing environment
• Six plus years of experience in the financial services industry, three of which in regulatory compliance
• Experience in a consumer financial services environment
• Proven leadership experience in a management role
• Knowledge of applicable federal and state consumer financial protection laws and regulations, including, among others, Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP), Truth in Lending Act (Reg Z), Truth in Savings Act (Reg DD), Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (Reg P), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Reg B), Fair Credit Reporting Act (Reg V), and the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA)
• Proven ability to apply these requirements to consumer financial services marketing, origination, servicing and collections practices and procedures
• Demonstrated, significant management experience with proven ability to build rapport, garner respect and appropriately exercise judgment and decision making in a collaborative consensus-driven environment
Excellence Corporate Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. © The Excellence Corporate Consulting, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved.
|Job Location||New York|