Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Operational Risk Management and Analysis Department, an independent risk management function, is responsible for developing and implementing a standardized framework to identify, measure, and monitor and operational risk across the firm.
The Operational Risk Analyst (ORA) role is for a professional with deep subject matter expertise dedicated to actively employing and strengthening the components of the firm’s operational risk management framework. The ORA continuously identifies, monitors,
measures and assess levels of risk for existing/new processes within a business line.
• Identify new or emerging risks to which the business is exposed
• Conducting scenario analysis, developing and maintaining a library of case studies
• Facilitation of operational risk event collection, enrichment of event data, perform detailed reviews of events, tracking of remediation, conduct trend analysis
• Contributing to stress testing and operational risk capital work as needed
• New Activity memos review – to ensure operational risks arising from new products and/or business, migrations, etc. are properly considered
• Exercising credible and effective challenge as a second line of defense, strengthening the risk framework and its individual components
• Remain current on business drivers, regulatory and industry changes impacting the business
• Conduct business training and raise awareness of the operational risk framework, their roles and responsibilities
• Respond to client inquiries about operational risk
• Contribute to the advancement of Operational Risk Methods and Practices and the operational risk management framework
• Identify, maintain and analyze risk measures
• Establishment and maintenance of a qualitative/quantitative business level operational risk appetite/tolerance with associated metrics, monitoring, triggers, escalation and mitigating actions
• Contribute to developing the firm’s operational risk framework including the design and project management for strategic platform enhancements
This role requires an energetic self-starter that can liaise with various business and federation teams both regionally and globally. Solid experience and prudent knowledge in the firm’s business flows, products and control requirements are required together with strong interpersonal and analytical skills for this role.
• Awareness of consumer compliance related risks, controls and regulatory requirements
• Strong financial product and business acumen
• 3+ years of relevant experience working in Consumer Finance
• Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills – able to present with impact and influence
• Self starter, work independently and proactively, proven track record of delivery
• Strong organizational skills (project management experience a plus)
• Attention to detail required
• Team oriented
• Inquisitive and enthusiastic
Excellence Corporate Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. © The Excellence Corporate Consulting, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved.
|Job Location||New York|