Job Summary & Responsibilities
Are you passionate about accounting, control and finance as well as keen to part of an international, diverse team? We’re looking for a professional to join our Legal Entity Controllers Team which is responsible for the reporting requirements for the key legal entities, including the regulated broker-dealer and asset management entities.
We’re a team of specialists charged with managing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether reporting the Firm’s the financial position, assessing the Firm’s optimal capital mix or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm’s success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who are interested in developing a broad view of the business and have strong attention to detail.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Legal Entity Controllers team is responsible for the reporting requirements for the key legal entities based in . The team prepares financial statements and business reports to be filed externally, as well as internal analysis packages for senior management. Operating in a global environment, the team liaises closely with other regions, as part of overall global reporting function.
• Preparation of financial statements and business reports for submission to external regulators under GAAP
• Preparation of consolidation packages for submission to NY Head Office under US GAAP and Federal Reserve reporting
• Development and application of appropriate methodologies for transfer pricing for the global business, in consultation with other regions and stakeholders
• Maintaining a broad understanding of the business and analyzing the business results, including via board reports and presentations to senior management
• Liaising with other departments and international offices to maintain appropriate control and accuracy
• Calculation and management of the Regulatory Capital ratio for our regulated entities
• Participation in cross-divisional projects for new business initiatives / systems
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
•Accounting background, either via a university major which included accounting, a CPA qualification, experience of accounting at an audit firm or in industry
•Business Level written and spoken English communication skills
•Committed, self-motivated and pro-active team player, with the flexibility to keep up as the business and regulations change
•Good organizational skills, with an ability to handle competing deadlines
•Consistent strong performance in their current role or experience to date, with a desire to challenge and enhance existing processes
•Ability to think broadly and make connections between diverse issues
•Experience of the financial services industry
•Well-developed Excel skills
Excellence Corporate Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. © The Excellence Corporate Consulting, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved.
|Job Location||New York|