Job Summary & Responsibilities
We are looking to hire a Vice President within Margin, Collateral, and Valuations
(MCVO) within Liquidity and Collateral Operations (LCO). This role is in conjunction
With Margin Rules uplift work in 2017 related to new regulatory obligations going
live over the course of the year. This resource will have significant interaction with
other Operations teams, Credit, and Technology. A successful candidate will be
expected to risk assess new business opportunities, increase optimization, and drive
key strategic projects. As a result, a successful candidate will be required to possess
strong communication skills.
MCVO is a global, multi- faceted and cross product sub-division whose primary
objectives include (1) mitigation of counterparty credit risk through the active
monitoring of clients’ derivative and securities financing portfolios, (2) Reconciliation
and management of client portfolio dispute and discrepancies, and (3) Valuation
management and support. This role will provide seniority and management
oversight for the line team managing this uplift process.
The candidate will preferably have a working knowledge up upcoming regulatory
changes and will be part of supporting the build to meet our obligations (Margin
• Constantly recommend and develop more efficient methods of price consolidation and delivery Support products and business ranging from foreign exchange, commodities, credit, Equity, Interest Rates, Repo,Insurance/Pensions and bespoke structured derivatives and arrangements.
• The team manages a wide range of complex processes, with members developing skills and competencies around derivative & security products and their respective business areas, legal agreements, technology flows and regulations
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Become a subject matter expert valuation and pricing methodology and OTC derivatives
• Direct exposure to senior management, especially on risk and control topics
• Develop a client service skill set through active interaction with internal and external clients across the different teams that support cleared futures and derivative products
• Leverage your quantitative and analytical skills to identify complex dispute drivers across all OTC derivative products and liaise with trading desks and Technology.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Ability to generate creative solutions to problems and challenge processes; be willing to dig into the detail to resolve issues.
• Some experience collateral or margin call issuance preferable.
• Flexible to manage differing challenges and ever-increasing complex nature of transactions
• Confidence to interact with external clients
• Ability to learn quickly in a fast moving environment. Team oriented approach to sharing workload and leverage skill sets
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to cope with rapidly changing priorities throughout the day are essential
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to keep track of a large and varied workload
• Familiarity with/ability to learn Excel macros and other functions
• Functional Expertise – Keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
• Technical Skills – Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/ her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
• Drive and Motivation – Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
• Client and Business Focus – Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
• Teamwork – Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others’ contributions
• Communication Skills – Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
• Judgement and Problem solving – Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
• Creativity/Innovation – Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
• Influencing Outcomes – Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others’ opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
Excellence Corporate Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. © The Excellence Corporate Consulting, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved.
|Job Category||Investment Banking Division|