Job Summary & Responsibilities
Electronic Trading Reliability Engineer (SMM Frontline)
Interested in a job now? Have a global impact with ECC without moving!
• We are hiring for a number of teams that between them are using dozens of the technologies: Java 8, C++, Hadoop, Scala, Elastic, Kafka, Docker, Linux, both SQL & non SQL DB’s… to mention a very few.
• We build a lot, in fact we have 1.5BN lines of code running across a huge infrastructure with 38PB of storage, 550k compute cores and >16 million software changes per month. We also give back to Open Source community (e.g. Eclipse collections) and stay close to the start-up scene.
• Our people have complete product ownership: requirements, code, test and deploy. We run a low friction SDLC where you learn from peer code review. You will help us towards our goal of continuous build and cloud deploy everywhere.
• We care a hugely about our work environment, casual dress code, height adjustable desks and small (~5 person) teams. We like to run a lean & flat structure where everyone is happy to help out.
• We love to learn and offer a superb training that features free access to Pluralsight, Safari books, Harvard Business Review and Egghead training platforms. We run internal MOOC (curated learning), soft skills education, women’s mentoring program, and London based promotion courses.
Challenging work – what will you do?
• On a daily basis, we’re responsible for supporting the electronic trading and risk management systems for our Foreign Exchange and Commodities businesses.
• Our in-house monitoring tools cover thousands of processes running on hundreds of hosts located in data centres across the world. Our team is located in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Warsaw, London and New York.
• We manage all incidents in the electronic trading environments and take any follow-up actions necessary to ensure system stability. We work closely with SMM traders, sales and engineers on a daily basis.
• Aside from production monitoring, we develop solutions for business problems in various technologies with support from our global team of experts. We try to maintain 50/50 split between support and project work.
• In this team, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of electronic trading across multiple asset classes ranging from high volume FX trades to complex derivatives in Commodities (and soon Interest Rates as well).
• You will work with various technologies including Java, C++, Linux, SQL and ECC’ proprietary technologies: Slang and SecDb.
We are looking for candidates who have:
• Ideally 5+ years of work experience. Ability to work under pressure and managing a team.
• Experience with at least one programming language, and eagerness to develop this further and learn.
• Self-motivation to learn about new businesses and ownership of support issues and development projects.
• Great communication skills – as daily coordination with our global team is essential.
Excellence Corporate Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. © The Excellence Corporate Consulting, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved.
|Job Location||New York|