Job Summary & Responsibilities
Commodities Technology is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer for their New York team with a career emphasis on supporting and developing production trading platforms for the Commodities business. The areas of focus of this team (also known as the Frontline team) include:
• Managing the production environment, ensuring that it remains available at all times
• Providing a responsive and high quality service to users who need assistance using our platforms and products
• Building tools and applications requested by users to achieve commercial goals
• Creating tools, practices and platforms that improve the efficiency of the team and the service we provide
• Sharing knowledge and best practices with developers and the rest of our global team to meet our commercial requirements while also being easy to support
The ideal candidate would have experience and interest in working in a fast paced environment and working closely with our business users to help contribute directly to the day to day workings of the Commodities desk.
Our team of SREs builds solutions to a wide variety of problems facing the Commodities business. We work on risk systems, regulatory issues, electronic trading and automation, and deal work. Our impact spans systems which are used for liquid, high volume products, complex transactions, and everything in between.
The Commodities Technology teams works directly with the Commodities Trading and Sales teams to develop next generation systems to achieve their business goals. It is a fast paced environment where individuals with strong development and interpersonal skills gain a unique insight into how financial markets work.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Work directly with Trading, Sales and Strats
• Great opportunity to learn the business while working with a talented group of individuals.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
• 1 to 4 years of work experience as an SRE, DevOps engineer or developer
• Strong object oriented analysis and design skills
• Strong analytical skills, ability to quickly identify scope and impact of issues
• Ability to quickly learn new languages and technologies
• Willingness to develop and debug in proprietary languages and platforms (Slang and SecDB)
• Ability to multi-task effectively as there will often be multiple concurrent issues and projects
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills are a must as the role will involve interacting with traders and salespeople
• Experience of Commodities a bonus but not essential
Excellence Corporate Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. © The Excellence Corporate Consulting, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved.
|Job Location||New York|